1st ISS Cyber Threat Intelligence Briefing – Ransomware Deep Dive Reloaded 2022
Ransomware, i. e. maliciously intended software that aims to encrypt files, lock users out and disrupt system’s processes for monetary extortion, has been around for ages, and it has recently become a serious threat to all businesses due to its sophistication.
During the Pandemic “state” we were in, having social and economic changes feeding our fears, concerns and curiosity, we witnessed a record-setting increase in the art of Social Engineering and the creation of new operating models by different adversaries to broaden “BIG game hunting” ransomware activities.
At ISS, we strive to inform and help you maintain an advantage towards these threats. Therefore, we would like to invite you to join our Deep Dive Ransomware Reloaded Web Seminar on 07. April 2022 at 10-12am (UTC+1 ).
We will brief you on impactful past incidents, provide you with a technical view on ransomware, relate to the major role of the human factor and show you how to be prepared in this increasingly complex threat landscape. A Live Demo of an attack will also be included!
With the Threat Intelligence Briefing series, the Institute for Security and Safety provides you with information on current hot topics in the cyber security world in order to give you a clear picture of the threat at hand and provide you with practical knowledge to prepare and secure your business or organization.
- 10:00 - 10:10
- Opening and Introduction to Ransomware
- What is Ransomware?
- 10:10 - 10:25
- Examples of Past Incidents
- History of first ever known attacks and recent breaches
- 10:25 - 11:45
- Technical view on Ransomware
- Cyber Kill Chain and Technical analysis for Ransomware
- 10:45 - 11:00
- Live Demonstration of a Ransomware attack
- A staged attack performed against Windows VM
- 11:00 - 11:10
- Human Factor
- How human nature leads to devastating attacks
- 11:10 - 11:30
- Being Prepared
- Organisational and technical countermeasures against Ransomware; Contingency plan
- 11:30 - 12:00
- Summary and Outlook
- Q&A Session; Feedback